Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SUMMER NON-MIXTAPE 2011: The Best of The Worst

AKA When Your Favorite Metal Bands Shit The Bed

First day of Summer. You know what that means...
You got it: ILLCON MIXTAPE TIME!

It's miserably hot here in the Bay. So miserable, in fact, that I've been suddenly filled with the urge to punish myself with the worst metal humanly possible. Inspired by the recent shark-jumping of Vincent, Azagthoth, and company, I've decided that today's compilation will focus on the collective low points of certain common favorites in the "extreme metal" community--from the Big 4, Sabbath, and Motorhead, to some slightly more obscure death metal luminaries of the recent past. Exactly why I've chosen to explore the shared failure and shame of these beloved rock icons I can't really say... I guess now is just a time of extreme masochism and darkness for me, and the only way to express my angst is through bad art. Take THAT, Teenage Cobras!
As always, your recommendations for other shameful chapters in the lives of our heroes are welcome--share them in the comments section!

1. SLAYER - Born To Be Wild (from the amazing album NASCAR on Fox Presents: Crank It Up)
2. METALLICA w/ DJ SPOOKY - For Whom The Bell Tolls (The Irony of It All)
3. MANOWAR - Silent Night
4. AMON AMARTH - Aerials
5. MORBID ANGEL - Radikult
6. CELTIC FROST - I Won't Dance
7. NAPALM DEATH - Twist The Knife (Slowly) (Not even really that bad of a song--but the fact that it appears on the Mortal Kombat OST warrants its inclusion here.)
8. JUDAS PRIEST - Turbo Lover (Included for bad 80's drum-reverb abuse only.)
9. SLAYER & ICE T - Disorder
10. BLACK SABBATH - It's Alright
11. CRYPTOPSY - Bemoan The Martyr
12. MEGADETH - Youthanasia
13. MOTORHEAD - Enter Sandman (Fuck Metallica) (from the amazing album ECW: Extreme Music--a pro wrestling based hard rock compilation)
14. ANTHRAX - Random Acts of Senseless Violence
15. CARCASS - I Told You So (Corporate Rock Really Does Suck)
16. SOULFLY - Jumpdafuckup (I've never been a fan of Soulfly, but I have been a fan of Max Cavalera. And this song is just tooo good.)
17. METALLICA - Turn The Page
18. SLAYER - Playing With Dolls (completion of today's Slayer triumverate)

dl: LIVIN' HARDCORE RADICAL

Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment