Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Don't be scerd

So I’m reading everyone’s top tens (and bottom 20’s) and it blows my mind how many people are suckling the teet of Kvekrtak. Seriously? I understand that listening to real black metal all the time can bum you out and your little ears might get tired from all the frosty grimness but come the fuck on. I know what you’re looking for, you want a band that makes BM fun. You want BM for good times, upbeat, wake up early, pot of coffee, I’m going to clean my apartment BM. Sure man, that’s fine. But don’t be such a fucking tween about it. You’re an adult, listening to bubblegum black metal is ball shrinking behavior. But still, I sympathize. And although the new Inquisition record is the only thing I listen to anymore (best record of 2010), I have been known in the past to reach for some more melodic or upbeat metal for parties and social occasions. So, if you’re looking to get amped and get some shit done, or if you’re djing a party with mixed company, go ahead, put on some At the Gates, or some Arch Enemy, or Goatwhore, or Black Breath, or Satyricon, or even later Dissection. Or better yet, just put on some Witchery. Just don't be a pussy about it.


HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment